Tape Sox Pes Valgus
Pes valgus is certainly one of the most common malpositions of the foot. This is characterised by an inward-turned heel and a flattening of the medial longitudinal arch. This causes the front of the foot to turn outwards, meaning that it no longer faces in the direction of travel when walking. Pes valgs leads to a loss of support from the inside of the foot, causing the arch to collapse. In the final stage, severe cases of Pes valgus are described as flat feet.
Causes & effects
This malposition is often due to a combination of different factors. A lack of mobility, weak muscles, overstretched ligaments and a lack of muscular control all lead to loss of three-dimensional foot stability. Limited ankle mobility, reduced stability of the leg axes, etc. Increases or causes the above-named problems. Great strain (standing, walking or running for long periods) and/or obesity have a negative effect on the malposition, especially in unsuitable shoes.
Compresana TAPE SOX Pes valgus/Pronation Control raise the heel and position the ball of the foot. The special alignment of the tape ribbons stimulates the musculature and three-dimensionally stabilises the foot's longitudinal and latitudinal arches, so that the foot can better absorb impact forces and conduct these into the ground in a targeted manner. The socks help to stop the malposition from getting worse and to reduce pain in the foot due to strain.
It is important that you slowly increase the length of time that you wear the Tape Sox, or wear them overnight at first, so that the joints of the big toes can gradually get used to their new mobility. In the course of a week, you can increase the length of time until you are wearing the Tape Sox all day long.
Preventative measure if you have an existing or developing misalignment
- Post-operative measure as Tape Sox can help maintain a successful operation result by countering local misalignment
- Free from side effects
- Stabilises toes and mobilises joints
- Pain-relieving effect and can prevent arthrosis
- Replaces the need to tape the foot
- Skin-friendly and can be worn everyday like normal socks/stockings
- Discreet and inconspicuous so suitable for leisure, work or during exercise
- Available in three correction strengths - light, medium and strong
- Available in three colours - white, blue and black
Tape Sox Type Pes Valgus
- 9% polyamide
- 1% elastane
Tape Sox Type Pes Valgus