Caresia Gauntlet Bandage Liner provides coverage to the PIPs to allow greater finger dexterity and functionality for everyday tasks. Each Caresia Gauntlet also incorporates individual digit spacers for swelling inbetween the MCPs (knuckles). The Gauntlet can be worn with either of the Caresia Arm Bandage Liners.
Caresia Bandage Liners replace stockinette and multi layer of padding or foam. Patients simply don the Caresia and then, using a spiral or figure-eight wrapping style with 50% overlap, wrap over the top of the Caresia with short-stretch bandages. The short-stretch bandages should be applied to provide a snug fit but not tight.
|Size||Palm Girth||Wrist Girth|
|Small||up to 19cm||up to 16cm|
|Medium||up to 23cm||up to 22cm|
|Large||up to 27cm||up to 28cm|
HOW DOES CARESIA WORK?
1. Foam chips in Caresia Bandage Liners create localized tissue pressure differentials to stimulate interstitial fluid movement, prevent stagnation, and soften indurated tissue.
2. Caresia garments make wrapping a breeze for the inexperienced wrapper. Caresia is designed to disperse irregular bandage pressures, thus creating a more uniform, symmetrical shape to the limb, padding boney prominances, filling concave spaces and compensating for anatomical differences, which impair the distal to promixal gradient compression.
3. Caresia garments create localized tissue stretch, opening the initial lymphatic gaps to encourage reabsorption of interstital fluids and particles.
MATERIALS: Meryl, Lycra, Polyurethane
- Arterial insufficiency or degeneration
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Untreated congestive heart failure, localized or systemic infection, or cancer.
- Absent or severely impaired sensation.