At TippToes, we carry multiple ranges of compression in various styles, giving you the choice to select the most suitable compression garments for your lifestyle. Our range of products are based on the principle that to comply with and achieve the benefits of wearing compression the products must enhance a person's lifestyle and be easy to donn (put on) and wear.
Compression Garments are worn for a number of reasons including:
Work: Compression garments have been found to be beneficial for people who stand for long periods of time, ie, during shift work. Long shifts can leave your legs feeling tired, achy and even swollen. Compression garments can give your tired legs a much-needed boast and keep them feeling energised throughout the day by stimulating blood circulation. Wearing these preventative compression garments can prevent varicose veins from appearing.
Travel: Compression garments are ideal travel companions when travelling long distances. Studies have shown that compression garments reduce the risk of developing DVT (blood clots) when travelling in confined spaces for long periods.
Sports:Compression garments now form part of the basic kit for many athletes. Compression garments can have many benefits:
- Enhance overall blood circulation and oxygen delivery to active muscles when the correct amount of compression is used (15mmHg and more).
- More effective blood circulation aids the removal of lactic acid and enhances muscle recovery time after exercise.
- Reduces/relieves pain and stiffness from delayed onset of muscle soreness, especially when worn following exercise.
Pregnancy: During pregnancy, women can be susceptible to venous diseases with leg heaviness and swollen painful ankles as the growing baby puts more strain on the woman’s circulatory system. During pregnancy, compression hosiery can have many benefits:
- improves circulation
- reduces the appearance of varicose veins
- prevents the formation of deep vein thrombosis
- prevents the onset or worsening of venous disease
Medical:Compression garments may be recommended by your medical specialist for a number of reasons including:
- Varicose Veins
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Wound/ Ulcer Care
- Following injury
Here at Tipptoes, we advise that you consult with your healthcare professional if you are unsure of the level of compression you should wear.